Now that we know about acquiring citizenship, the documents you need for a passport UK, which in turn allows you to hold a British passport it is important, in whatever setting to know the necessary documents you are required to have for you to get a British Passport. The situation is always different for foreigners therefore in this article we discuss what documents do you need for a passport UK. Previously we shared what documents do you need for a passport UK child?
Documents you need for a passport UK
Before we even get into what documents you need to get a passport, you need to know, photocopies are not accepted. All your documents should be original.
An original copy of your birth certificate is required, which should be original. If the original is not available, an official copy will serve that purpose. These documents also need to be in English or Welsh and if this is not the case, you need to send a certified translation. In the event that your documents are laminated, you can only send those if that is the only form issued.
There happen to be different responses to everyone’s situation. This determines what documents you will need for your British Passport application. We look at the respective scenarios;
What documents do you need if you were born in the UK?
If you were born or adopted in England, the documents you need depend on which year and date you were born. Before the first of January 1983, you will need your “full birth certificate or adoption certificate.”
If you were born on, or after the above-mentioned date, in addition to your full birth certificate or adoption certificate, you will need either of your parents’ full UK birth certificates. You can also use the ‘Home Office certificate of registration or naturalization.’ One of the parents’ British passports that were valid when you were born, or a British passport number for either parent can also be useful.
You may also need something that proves either parent’s immigration status in the UK at the time of your birth. Such evidence can be a foreign passport that was valid when you were born.
In the event that you choose to send documents from your paternal side, a marriage certificate of your parents should accompany them.
What documents do you need if you were born outside the UK?
There are variations in the circumstances that fit different kinds of people born outside the UK. Here are the documents need for a Passport in UK.
- If you have a registration or naturalization certificate, you will need either of these, together with the passport you used upon entry into the UK. There can be a foreign passport you are included on. This one can work in place of the passport you used upon entry.
- Citizens from overseas countries which formerly were a British territory (born before 1 January 1983), will need a birth certificate, current passport, and passport used upon entry or foreign passport one is included on.
- You could be a child to a father who was born in the UK and your birthday is before 1 January 1983.
- Other documents you will need include, your full birth certificate with your parents’ details on it, your father’s birth certificate, your parent’s marriage certificate, the passport you used upon entry, or the foreign passport you are included on. If your birthday is on or after 1 January 1983, in addition to the documents needed by the former, you will need;
- Prof of either of your parents’ British nationality. of one parent’s British nationality. Such evidence could be in form of their UK birth or adoption, naturalization, or registration certificate.
- In the event that you choose to send documents from your paternal side, a marriage certificate of your parents should accompany them. These should reveal the date your father married your mother.
There is a myriad of circumstances that you all are in, and my research can only cover so much, given the daily schedules that bind us. However, for those circumstances that are not included in this discussion, there is a guide booklet that shows the documents you need for a passport UK. Online applications will tell you what documents you need for your application.
Before your application is done, you choose which way you want your supporting documents will be sent back to you. These will come separately from your passport.
If you are a foreigner with no history attaching you to the UK, the only way to get a UK passport is to go through the process that earns you citizenship first.
The cost of your passport is determined by the choice of application method. If you are a UK citizen-or Northern Ireland- and were born on or before 2 September 1929, passport fees do not apply to you. If you happen to cancel your application or do not qualify for a passport there are no refunds hence make sure you prepare the documents you need for a passport UK. And urgent passports attract extra fees even if you have the documents you need for a passport UK.
- How Long It Takes For Cheque To Clear UK
- How much Mastercard Charges Merchants in UK
- 6 Months Courses In Uk For International Students
- UK work permit visa requirements
- How to get work permit for UK without job offer
- Documents You Need For A Child Passport Uk
- Is it easy to start a business in UK?
- Opening a Business in UK and Get Citizenship
- Cost Of Studying Computer Science in UK
- 10 Most Affordable Cities in UK For students