Ecobank is a pan-African banking conglomerate, this article shows Ecobank Ghana Account Opening requirements and procedure to have your bank account activated and how to open Ecobank Ghana account online. Founded in 1985 the bank has operations in 36 African countries.
For prospective Ghanaian customers, whether local or foreignees it is only sensible to open your account with the leading independent regional banking group in West Africa and Central Africa, that is Ecobank. To know more check How to open Ecobank account procedure in detail as explained previously. The bank provides wholesale and retail banking services. Ecobank has subsidiaries in Eastern and Southern Africa.
On the other hand Ghana as a country boasts of a thriving economy with many opportunities for businesses to grow. Now that we have a combination of, the leading banking group and a thriving economy especially with banks, I’m on the edge of my seat to interact with the requirements and procedures of opening a bank account with Ecobank Ghana.
There are many ways of opening a bank account nowadays. The easiest of them all being, the usage of mobile banking done on your cellphone. This one does not even require you to have internet access, just your mobile phone. You can also opt to use the online banking platform provided by Ecobank.
For Ghanaians the process is easy and requirements are not much. Ecobank offers corporate and personal account services for both citizens and expatriates. For foreigners with prospects of being account holders in Ghana they need a work and residence permit before the following which basically apply for both citizens and expatriates.
An application form needs to be filled out and submitted with the appropriate paperwork, i.e;
- National Identification card identification or a passport.
- Proof of residence.
- Tax Identification Number
- Passport Pictures
- Work and residence permit (for foreigners).
- A letter of introduction from your banking institution in your home country
- Any further requirements can be otained from the Ecobank website. There is also an option for customers to open foreign currency accounts. These will be more favorable for expatriates because the services are available anywhere around the world and money can be converted into any currency of your choice.