Talk about Bitcoin and the question does Amazon accept Bitcoin and whether cryptocurrency at large has scaled down. But it appears digital currency facets have found their way into the economy in a unique way. While Amazon (which happens to sell almost everything) dismisses claims that the eCommerce giant will begin accepting Bitcoin by the end of 2021, you can buy almost anything with your Bitcoin through BitPay.
Does Amazon Accept Bitcoin?
To give a straightforward answer to the question of whether is Amazon getting into cryptocurrency and what is Amazon’s cryptocurrency called, Jeff Bezos, Executive Chairman of Amazon said “Amazon does not directly accept Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency”.
That said, because we are here, we can not just end up giving straight answers. Some flesh on this one is definitely necessary to those of you who are crypto enthusiasts. A few ways are available for you to use your Bitcoin to shop for Amazon. As I mentioned earlier, this is made possible by the use of Bitpay. Below is a guide on how:
There are two ways by which BitPay enables Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency patrons to pay for their Amazon purchases.
- The Bitpay Card- This is a crypto debit card and you can use it to make Amazon purchases. The Bitpay card functions in a similar way to our conventional debit cards. The difference is; that as opposed to connecting to a traditional bank account, The card is loaded from what is known as a “crypto wallet.” Instantly you can start spending not only Bitcoin, but also; Dogecoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, and other coins to buy stuff on Amazon. You can sign up for a BitPay Card by downloading the BitPay App. The approval will happen within 5 minutes; after which a virtual card is available immediately after getting approval.
- Amazon Gift Cards– Another easy way of using your Bitcoin on Amazon is buying Amazon gift cards directly from the BitPay Wallet app or Extension. The application allows you to buy gift cards with crypto to use in a myriad of shops and businesses, including Amazon. The procedure starts by downloading the BitPay app and connecting to a compatible wallet, among them “Coinbase, Electrum, Trust, Kraken, Metamask, and many more.” The home screen will give you a ‘Shop’ option where you will tap Amazon. This is where you choose the amount of crypto you want to into Amazon credit. Choose your preferred wallet or asset after this. The Bitpay app will also generate a virtual Amazon gift card.
Despite Amazon not accepting direct crypto payments, a lot of progressive eCommerce players already do. Some of them use Amazon and one can use their crypto there. Also, among these popular stores are; Newegg, Lush, Pacsun, and more. BitPay’s Merchant Directory will give you a curated list of major companies that accept cryptocurrency.
The likes of Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Marks & Spencer, John Lewis, Asda, and Argos are companies that have their arms indirectly open to the digital currency accepting gift cards through Bitpay, despite them not directly embracing digital currencies.
Although popular, Bitcoin is not the only cryptocurrency there is. There is plenty that has been created and is in operation. While we have answered the question on the use of Bitcoin to shop on Amazon, other crypto enthusiasts who prefer another crypto, with no time to search for does Amazon accepts Bitcoin to Bitcoin may have this question unanswered, “What cryptocurrency can I use on Amazon purchases?”
The best answer is through the BitPay Card, BitPay Wallet app, or Extension; you have access to the use of may use the following crypto; Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Dogecoin (DOGE), Litecoin (LTC), XRP (XRP), Dai (DAI), Binance USD (BUSD), USD Coin (USDC), Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC), Pax Dollar (USDP); all for Amazon purchases.
As it stands, your growth as an entrepreneur relies on how much your eyes are open to the possibilities that come with cryptocurrency. Further, businesses are progressing and surviving tough times with cryptocurrencies helping the monetary challenges businesses encounter. You will need to exercise caution before fully embracing the concepts it comes with. You may need education about it before you plunge yourself into problems caused by being illiterate about the currencies.
If a straight answer was needed to our question of the day, we would definitely have not many insights on cryptocurrencies and some of these misrepresentations that come by means of looking into the upper surface without going deeper into the subject are what stifles the growth of our businesses.
In Africa, cryptocurrencies are not yet that popular because of such huge skepticism. After all, no one can blame the citizens. Here, a lot of pyramid and Ponzi schemes duped people out of a lot of money. However, we need to keep up with the times and acquaint ourselves with adequate and relevant information on cryptocurrencies, redeeming them and their value.
- Companies That Accept Cryptocurrency, Uk
- Entry-level Software Developer Salary South Africa
- Online Jobs That Pay Through Mobile Money in Zambia
- How To Receive Money With Paypal In Nigeria
- Access bank Nigeria Routing number
- Fidelity bank routing number in Nigeria
- SWIFT code for Diamond Access Bank Nigeria
- Banks in Zambia(Overview)
- Top 10 Banks in UK